Jazz for Spiritual Reflection
This album is a collection of traditional Christian hymns and melodies in contemplative and contemporary settings. It is our hope that this music will encourage individual peace and spiritual connection.
- The Summons (Scottish traditional) 2:40 inspired by John Bell
Play Sample (mp3)
- Amazing Grace (19th Cent. U.S.A.) 3:49
- God of Grace and God of Glory (by John Hughes) 4:16
- Be Thou My Vision (Irish traditional) 4:01
- Love Divine, All Loves Excelling (by Rowland H. Prichard) 3:20
- In Christ There is No East or West (African-American traditional) 3:37
- Wash, O God, Our Sons and Daughters (attr. to B. F. White) 3:43
- Our Parent By Whose Name (by John David Edwards) 3:06
All music arranged by Barb Catlin, Director of the Pomona College Jazz Ensemble, Pomona, CA. Arrangements © 2004 livingthequestions.com.
piano: Barb Catlin
bass: Mike King
drums: Todd Chuba